I have made the commitment not to yell at my children in anger. I have learned that they will not trust me if I continued to give negative vibes. This article in the ensign shows me or confirms to me that I am in the right path. :)
http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/09/the-lord-never-shouted-at-me?lang=eng
She talks about how one of her children goes astray with drinking smoking drugs and foul language and because she was so scared for him she would confront him and they would argue loudly. She even received a blessing where the Lord chastised her for yelling at her children saying something like I never yelled at you. He also encouraged the parents to let their son make his own choices unless it directly affected the family. He would have to take the consequences for those actions as well.
I know I continually catch myself when I am angry and have shift to keep under control. It takes practice and we do mess up sometimes. We just have to keep going and we will succeed!! My little boy like to try me and I have this thought from reading the article that I will let him be. He knows mostly right from wrong but we are all still learning so patience and understanding is key. Today is going to be a GREAT day!
No comments:
Post a Comment